From the Factory to the Table: Advertising Cookbooks and the Changing Face of American Domestic Cookery 1880-1941
Handlist of books included in this exhibit:
- Anon. 1877. Mrs. Winslow’s Domestic Receipt Book, for 1878. Boston: Jeremiah Curtis & Sons and John I. Brown & Sons.
- ———. 1893. Choice Receipts Arranged for the Gas Stove. Philadelphia: The United Gas Improvement Co.
- Van Camp Packing Co. 1930. Eat for Health with Pleasure: Recipes for Pureed Fruits and Vegetables. Indianapolis: Van Camp’s.
- Frosted Foods Sales Corporation. 1941. Birds Eye Cook Book: Tempting Recipes for Good Meals! New York: Frosted Foods Sales Corporation.
- Genesee Pure Food Company (Le Roy, N.Y.). 1924. Polly Put the Kettle on, We’ll All Make Jell-O. LeRoy, N.Y: Genesee Pure Food Co.
- H.J. Heinz Company. 1930. The Heinz Book of Meat Cookery: Recipes for Appetizing Dishes of Beef, Lamb, Pork and Smoked Meats, Veal, Poultry, Fish. Pittsburgh, Pa: Home Economics Dept., H.J. Heinz Co.
- Hayward, Agnes Carroll. 1916. Yacht Club Manual of Salads: a Book of Practical Suggestions for the Use of Yacht Club Food Products. Second ed. Chicago: Tildesley & Co.
- Horn and Hardart Retail Shops. c. 1930. Less Work for Mother Meal Planner: Your Cookless Cookbook. Philadelphia: Horn and Hardart.
- Hulman and Company. 1931. Clabber Girl Gives Appetite to All. Terre Haute, IN: Hulman and Company.
- Maddocks, Mildred. 1911. Rumford Receipt Book. Providence, R.I: Rumford Chemical Works.
- Parloa, Maria, and Janet McKenzie Hill. 1909. Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes by Miss Parloa and Home Made Candy Recipes by Mrs. Janet McKenzie Hill. Dorchester, Mass: W. Baker & Co.
- Rich, Jean. 1930. The Jean Rich Cook Book: Macaroni, Spaghetti, Egg Noodles. Ed. National Macaroni Manufacturers Association. Indianapolis: National Macaroni Manufacturers Association.